How to Setup VPNarm On Linux Operating Systems
This support article will guide you through the process of Setting up and Configuring VPNarm on Linux Operating Systems.
Setup VPNarm on Ubuntu
- Download the required VPN Configuration file to your computer.
- Install theVPN client.
- Launch theVPN clientusing the Server Configuration you just downloaded.
Setup PPTP on Linux
- Click Show Applications and Select Settings.
- Scroll down and select the option Network.
- Next to the VPN Category Click the Plus Icon (+) to create a New VPN.
- Click the option Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).
- Fill out the following fields to Add a New VPN Connection.
- Add a name for the VPN within the Connection name field. This could be VPNarm.
- Under the General Category fill in the Gateway field with the VPNarm Hostname.
- Navigate to the Optional Category.
- Enter your VPNarm Username and Password in the corresponding fields.
- Ensure the NT Domain field is blank.
- Click the Advanced button near the bottom right of the side panel.
- Under Security and Compression ensure the checkbox labelled Use Point-to-Point Encryption (MPEE) is ticked.
- Under Authentication ensure only MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2 checkboxes are ticked. Untick the other options then Click OK in the bottom-right corner of the panel.
- Apply updates by Clicking the Add Button in the Top-right corner.
- To establish a connection to the VPN, look for the VPN you just created. Establish a connection by turning this VPN ON.