How to Configure cPanel Email in Microsoft Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is an email client created by Microsoft. Many customers already use Microsoft Outlook as their default email client. Your cPanel email can be configured to work with Microsoft Office. This article will highlight how your cPanel email can be configured to work with Microsoft Outlook and will be split in to two sections.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Configuring the Microsoft Outlook Client.
- Part 2: Accessing your Mail Client Manual Settings.
Part 1: How Do I Configure Microsoft Outlook?
- For Windows users Microsoft Outlook should already be installed. If you require Microsoft Outlook it can be downloaded from the Microsoft Website.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Upon Launching Microsoft Outlook, you will either be:
A. Prompted to log-in to your email account.
B. Be logged into your email account: If you are already logged in you will need to add another account.
i. To do this select the option called first option within the navigation menu called “File”.
ii. Under Account Information select the option“Add Account”.
- You will receive a prompt to log-in. Enter your email address into the text box.
- Click the blue text “Advanced Options”
- Tick the box “Let Me Setup My Account Manually” and click the button “Connect”
- Microsoft Outlook will ask you to select between: Office 365, Outlook.com, Exchange, Google, POP, IMAP or Exchange 2013 or Earlier.
- The option you require is IMAP.
- Microsoft Outlook will ask you to enter the Server and Port for Incoming and Outgoing Mail.
- To find your Server and Port refer to Part 2: How Do I Access My Mail Client Manual Settings?
- Enter the Server and Port for your Incoming and Outgoing Mail.
- Select the option Connect.
- A prompt will appear. Enter your email credentials.
- To confirm Microsoft Outlook has been configured successfully, you will receive a test email within your inbox.
- Well Done! Microsoft Outlook is now configured correctly.
Part 2: How Do I Access My Mail Client Manual Settings?
- Log-in to your Client Area
- Select the option “Products and Services”
- Select the Hosting Plan that you require!
- The Product Dashboard will appear. On the left hand side, you will see a tab called Actions. Within this tab select the first option “Login To cPanel”
- Within cPanel scroll down to the category “Email”
- Select the first option “Email Accounts”
- Under the email account you wish to configure select the option “Connect Devices”
- Scroll down till you see “Mail Client Manual Settings”
- Provided are your SSL/TLS Connection settings and your Non-SSL Connection Settings.